I got an A…

September 24, 2013

but my yarn selection got a failing grade. After finishing the body of this test knit I realized that the black linen yarn I was using had a life of its own. Growing and stretching under its own weight, all of the fabric that I had worked into this Mens Sankai by Kirsten Johnstone had become, more accurately, a linen pup tent or car cover. Seriously. That’s how important it is to match the right yarn to the project…or perhaps the needles to the yarn. After much deliberation it’s clear that no heroic measures are called for here…no resuscitation…just the pulling of the plug. Please join me in a moment of silence.

blklinenswrlF

blkLinenw_gry2F

linenswtr2F

http://www.kirstenjohnstone.com/2013/06/sankai-man/

Advertisements

One Response to “I got an A…”

  1. sclues Says:

    oh my … I can empathise. not only do I NOT do tension swatches but I also substitute whatever yarn is in my stash that I think might be suitable, which makes for some interesting outcomes …


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: